20220821

Perfect 빈대떡 / bindae-tteok for lunch: Paid for with cold, hard cash.

After a busy morning, this old boy was hungry. Through pure dumb luck, I happened upon just my kind of old school restaurant, with an open front and little plastic chairs to sit on. The two nice ladies there served me up the perfect 빈대떡 / bindae-tteok. Let's call it mung bean pancake.  The dipping sauce was good. The onions in the dipping sauce were great. It's been too long since I chowed down on some nice, fresh, bold onions.

20220821

In addition to the nice ladies who worked there, another great thing was the old school payment system: Cash Only. Allow me to provide a translation for the sign below:

"We don't give a shit about your Cashbee card or your Tmoney card or your Visa or MasterCard. We just don't give a shit. It's cash, and cash only, just like it's always been. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. We don't need your high technology ass around here."

Disclaimer: I sort of embellished the translation. The original text is much kinder, and without profanity.

5000 Korean won / USD 3.75 for an excellent lunch.

20220821    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...