20220821

Age 64: I can do 1 chin-up.

Two days in a row, I have successfully executed a chin-up on the chin-up bar on Hwabusan. I'm talking about a proper chin-up, pulling my body up with the strength of my arms so that the bottom of my chin rests on the bar. The first day, I thought: "Okay. Let's do one, and see if I rip or tear anything." But I was still okay when I woke up this morning. 

Today was the second day. Before getting on the chin-up bar, I had the thought of maybe trying for two. That was not to be--at least not today. After the first one, I went straight back down without even attempting a second. 

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it back to Hwabusan as I'm changing lodging tomorrow. That's probably for the best. When OCD Jerry gets going, he doesn't stop until he injures himself. Given more time, I'm pretty sure I could do two or three chin-ups. Or, maybe not. Maybe the next stop is zero chin-ups, and I should be grateful that I can still do one. 

20220821


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...