20240511

Is everything in America a huge hassle in 2024?

Disclaimer: 

The title of this post could instead be: Why did you forget to disconnect your VPN, dumbass?

I apologize for falsely accusing Walmart of dumbassery, when it was, as usual, my own dumbassery that was the problem. Because of NBA League Pass requirements, I had my VPN connected to another country, and of course Walmart.com developers were correct in flagging my IP address as suspicious.

In this case, Walmart was innocent, and I was guilty. Sorry.

Original rant below:..

I was gone from America for a couple of years. Has everything online deteriorated since I left? All I wanted to do was order a portable washing machine from Walmart online. But, nope. They cancelled my order after they let my order go through.

Then I had to call the customer service number, go through the IVR (interactive voice response) menu, and deal with a rep. The only good part of the experience is that I got lucky with a competent rep.

Here I sit, needing a portable washer, with my order cancelled, and unable to reorder for 4.5 hours. Thanks for subjecting me to your ridiculous internal technical limitations, and thank you, Walmart, for the huge hassle. I sure do hope that the next time around I am deemed worthy of ordering your cheap-ass portable washing machine.

FFS!!! I am really beginning to understand why all Americans are pissed off. I strongly recommend that we turn off all the electronic bullshit effective immediately. I am quite certain that all of us will start feeling better almost immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...