20240419

Plantar fasciitis and other foot problems: Possibly helpful equipment.

So you've got plantar fasciitis and/or other foot problems. I sympathize. 

If you're new to plantar fasciitis, you'll be doing a lot of research and finding information about arch support, shoes, sandals, and more.

I did all that research. Here's where I'm at with some purchases that might help, along with a bit of info on something that will not help.

Compression socks - Surprisingly helpful



I didn't expect much from a compression sock.
But it helps with both plantar fasciitis and heel pain.

This particular compression sock appears to be the OrthoSleeve FS6 Compression Foot Sleeve.

A pair of Birkenstock sandals for indoor-use-only

Never ever walk around your house with bare feet, especially in a house without carpet. That's what I did during the beginning of Covid, and that's when the problems started. 

Now that you have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, I sentence you to always wearing your indoor-use-only Birkenstock sandals. 

Note: These sandals should be replaced.
As a member of the Plantar Fasciitis Club, you must regularly replace all your footwear.


Hoka Clifton 9 shoes

This is just one example of a shoe that seems to help. There are others. 

When I first started wearing these, they caused pain around my ankles, at the top part of the shoe. But that appears to have been caused by newness. Within a month or two, they no longer caused pain, and six months later, they are quite comfortable.




The Good Feet Store - AVOID!!! - You have been warned

Let me tell you clearly. Do NOT go to the Good Feet Store.

Just don't. Everything that Good Feet Store can give you for massively inflated prices is available at Walmart for reasonable prices.

In probably the year 2020, I was hit hard by plantar fasciitis. Out of desperation one day, I went into the local Good Feet Store. 

They were waiting for me there. Total loss in 2020 dollars was something around USD 1300 or 1400. 

I remember it as my last incident of being scammed.

I must have fired off one of my nasty grams to the company because as time went on, I was called one day by a customer service representative. We talked, and she asked me: "Do you think you were scammed?" I thought about it for a minute, and I remember telling her: "I think your company scammed me fair and square."



Good Feet Store photos from 2020-2021 purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...