20240430

Bottle of water after security: 19 cents plus paperwork.

"Passport, please."
"Passport?" (As in, you've got to be kidding me...)
"Yes."
I give the lady my passport. She does something on the computer. Talks to her coworker.
"Boarding pass."
"My boarding pass?" (disbelief)
"Seven baht, please."(As if the transaction is just now starting...)
I gave her a 20 baht note.
She gave me back my 13 baht change.

I walked out with my USD 19-cent bottle of water, happy about the price, but sad about the paperwork required.

To all my computer genius buddies, I am sorry to break it to you, but you have succeeded in f-ing up just about everything in the entire world. Well-done, I guess, at least in an alternate reality where everything that sucks is actually great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...