20221211

The lake at Suranaree University of Technology

Just after you enter the SUT (Suranaree University of Technology) campus via gate 1, there is a very nice lake.

It has occurred to me recently, after not driving a car for a year, that I need to maintain my driving skills in case of an emergency. On this day, at the parking lot for this lake, I felt it--just like Jack Black having to take a solo in School of Rock. I got behind the wheel--on the right-hand side of the car, mind you--and drove around that beautiful campus for a while. My biggest issue was the same issue my partner had when she first switched over: I kept turning on the windshield wipers, the control for which is exactly where the turn signal control is in American cars.

I kept the rule, Do Not Hit or Be Hit, and the driving felt good. I shall do it again and again there--I hope...


20221210

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...