20221229

Four days later, Christmas is saved!!!

I admit to significant disappointment with the Marks & Spencer iced fruitcake I purchased in mid-December. While it may have been an excellent fruitcake by U.K. standards, it was not the kind of fruitcake I'm used to eating.

The photo below shows a proper-for-me fruitcake made locally at a shop near the old bus station. I've already been charged with being a "blogger," and now some have charged me with being a "foodie." I have no defense. I never imagined that I would sink to such depths in retirement. 

Nevertheless, this is a most excellent fruitcake, and I shall be ever grateful to my friend for gifting it to me. I'm not sure what 2023 has in store for us, but 2022 has certainly finished on a high note.

Fruitcake lovers of the world, be proud of your exquisite taste!!!

20221229


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...