20221106

Slugs of Northeastern Thailand

Continuing a post-Halloween parade of horror, I followed up our huge, green, plant-eating worms with my first sighting of some very big Northeastern Thailand slugs. I agree with you that each of these slugs looks like a turd on the sidewalk. But they are not. Notice the antennae. 

I regret that the photo does not show the mucus trail that was clearly visible with some of the other slugs. Regarding size/length, I can tell you that these things are about the size/length of a grown man's middle finger. I greatly desire to avoid ever stepping on one, but I am me, with a history of clumsiness, so it is more a matter of when than if...


Bonus: This evening's toad frog.

20221106


1 comment:

  1. Testing... A rather unfortunate appearance, these slugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...