20221108

Loi Krathong sunset / Loy Krathong Full Moon from eclipse

The sunset on วันลอยกระทง / Loy Krathong was nice. The Loy Krathong full moon from eclipse was even better. I won't disrespect the cosmos by posting photos. In fact, I didn't take any. It didn't seem right to me.

Since humans populated Earth, they have been watching the moon. We joined them full force tonight. When we first went out, the moon was missing completely due to the eclipse. But then, finally, there it was, all dark and red, right where we expected it to be based on where it was last night. We spent the next hour or so watching it come out of darkness into brightness, all the way until it was full. It was a splendid show, my first time ever watching a full eclipse from start to finish.

Note that this full-moon-from-eclipse viewing took place in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand (14.9707° N  102.102° E) at approximately 18:00 hours on 20221108 (GMT +7). Your moon show may be better or worse depending on your location.



20221108




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...