20221106

Bicycles are finally in pretty good shape.

In a previous post about how retirees have time for proper maintenance, I challenged you to check the chains on our bicycles and motorcycle. I claimed that they were all within spec--always. 

That claim was less than completely accurate. When I finally got around to checking the bicycle chains today, they were still sufficiently lubricated. The problem was dirt. The chains were less than adequately clean. No more. I cleaned and lubed them both.

Then I cleaned both bicycles, possibly for the first time. I take decent care of my motorcycles. I don't know why I felt like it was okay to neglect the bicycles.  They were covered with dust. They did not look very good. Now they look sharp. 

Hopefully, this is the start of me taking proper care of the bicycles, which continue to serve us well.

20221106


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...