20221018

The retiree has time for proper maintenance.

One good thing about being retired is having the time to properly maintain all your vehicles. I challenge you to audit the tire pressure on any of our vehicles. Check the chains on the bicycles and motorcycle. All within spec--always. I guess I'm in the golden part of retirement where I've got time and still enough health to get things done. Count me as very grateful.

Regret my Covid retirement? No. Just glad I got out when I did with some health left.

Today's challenge was the Loctite on the two nuts for the mirror stalk. I struggled quite a while with my one adjustable wrench, channel locks, and WD-40. I finally went online for ideas: heat. Dipped that bad boy in some boiling hot water for two or three minutes, and that finally did something to the Loctite. I felt pretty damn good when I felt the nuts finally separate from each other.

20221017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...