20220905

The weather report: Hmm... Typhoons really are serious.

For several days, the weather people on TV have been beating me over the head with their talk of Typhoon Hinnamnor. I thought it was mostly hype, something to increase their ratings. I went for a walk yesterday (Sunday). No big waves. Only a light rain, and not too much of that.

But the truth is pretty much as they predicted. It has rained steadily all day today (Monday), and it doesn't look like it's going to stop before mid-day tomorrow (Tuesday). And I'm up north. Down south, there is serious risk of people getting hurt and major property damage. I hope people heed all the warnings the authorities have been issuing. And I feel bad for the farmers. This is probably a lot more rain than they need at this time of year.

For me, it means a forced day of rest in the box, which is a very good thing for my foot issue. (I hope...)

The view from my room.
Others might not like it, but it has some very good points.
I can see the main street, but it's fairly quiet in here.

Typhoon. Typhoon. Typhoon.
It seemed to me that they were beating it to death.
But no. They were just giving fair warning.

P.S. I keep saying I'm going to straighten up the mess, but nothing yet...

20220905

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...