20220905

Korea Post: Still excellent. Still taking care of all your needs.

I can report that Korean post offices remain excellent. The one thing that has changed since back in the day is that glue is no longer provided at the accessories table. It appears to be no longer needed. I went up to the counter thinking that I would be buying two stamps, and then taking them over to the accessories table to glue them on myself. (No licking of stamps in this civilized country. Not now, and not decades ago either.)

But that's not the way it went down. Instead, I paid the very reasonable postage for two postcards, and the post office employee printed and then attached the postage stickers herself. No glue required. 

Let's take a look at the accessories table to demonstrate how Korea Post employees are smart enough to provide what they know customers will need.

  • forms - every kind of form you might need

  • pens  - because they know you need them

  • red ink - for personal seals ( 도장 )

  • tissue - to wipe any red ink off your hands

  • calculator - because you might need it

  • reading glasses - of three different strengths
Note that the post office customers can be trusted to use these accessories without damaging or stealing them. It's always been this way. 

20220905


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...