20220819

August 18th supply run

The best score was the fruit knife. Made in Japan, it works great. I'm thinking of taking it back to Thailand, which will mean checking my backpack at the airport, which will mean having to wrap the backpack in plastic. Maybe I'll give it away. Who knows, and it doesn't matter today anyway. There's plenty of fruit yet to be cut in the next few weeks.

I should also mention the homemade apple pie at the right front. It was excellent. I bought it from a nice lady at the old school Tongbok Market a couple of kilometers from here. Not only was the pie excellent, with plenty of apples and just the right spices, but I have a MIF (mental image flash) of my interaction with the Pie Lady.

Me: Hands the pie lady some old bills from way before they changed their currency.

Pie Lady: "옛날 돈. / Old money."

Me: "옛날 돈. 옛날 사람. / Old money. Old guy."



20220818

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...