20260725

อุทยานแห่งชาติป่าหินงาม / Pa Hin Ngam National Park

I like ชัยภูมิ / Chaiyaphum. I like the people. I like the mountains.

How to post this fairly? We visited Pa Hin Ngam National Park. There was a nice view from the สุดแผ่นดิน / Sut Phan Din viewpoint. The rock formations were cool. 

For the Thai people, I'm sure the park was great. There was convenient diesel transport to the viewpoint. There were plenty of spots for photos. Plenty of food on offer at the parking lot area. Mission accomplished.

For me, it was like a well-delivered punch to the gut. I smelled the diesel fumes straightaway. It took me a while to realize that they have an entire fleet of six to eight shuttle buses with diesel exhaust pipes mounted high at the rear of each bus. I smelled them for the duration of our visit.

After the viewpoint and the obligatory photos, we spent an hour walking a well-maintained elevated trail through the forest. It looked nice. It was unbelievably sterile. I think I saw a grand total of two birds. No deer. No squirrels. No nothing. As a museum of what the forest once was, it served its purpose, I guess.

If you are reading this from Northern California or Southern Indiana, be grateful for your beautiful nature and clean air and clean water. There are millions around the world who have never experienced the Earth as it was meant to be.



















20260710

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yard time.

These days, they let me out most evenings. I am grateful for that. 20260724