20240330

Some fine young artists at Rajamangala University of Technology Isan Nakhon Ratchasima campus.

I just happened across an art exhibition while walking Central Plaza Mall the other day. There are some very fine young artists at Rajamangala University of Technology Isan Nakhon Ratchasima campus. I've included photos of a few of my favorites, but there were several more excellent paintings that I didn't photograph. 

รถเข็นสีฟ้า / Blue Cart
I saw the artist (university student) and had the opportunity to compliment her excellent work.
I hope that--despite how weird my Thai sounds--she understood how much I love this painting.
The fact that I came back and looked at it several more times may have communicated the idea better.

มอเตอร์ไซค์หรรษา / Motorcycle Fun
I saw these two young ladies in the painting standing next to this painting, as they were apparently required to do (university students).
They were so lovely that I couldn't bring myself to force them into the weirdness of listening to me speak Thai. But I wanted to!!! And the young lady with glasses seemed kind of worried that I was going to. But she was too kind. They both were. Maybe they'll remember me as "the old, bald, pot-bellied foreigner who came and looked at our painting several times".
I wonder if they saw me pull out my smartphone (such a young person thing to do at an art exhibition) and use Google Translate to find that หรรษา / haansa means "fun".
Thank you so much, ladies, for your wonderful painting and for helping me learn a new word.


20240324






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...