20230707

A hard rain did fall...

In the photo below, you can see the storm approaching. The wind was blowing and vendors rushed about, battening down the hatches. We had a dream of maybe making it home without any significant rainfall. That didn't happen.

We weren't even a kilometer from the market when the skies opened up. How hard did it rain? Hard enough that pulling into a gas station and waiting it out for thirty minutes seemed like a pretty good idea. With nowhere they have to be most of the time, that's how retirees roll.

Regarding the lack of water in ลำจักราช / Lam Chakkarat, where they have the boat races, that has been addressed at least a bit. It was a hard rain, a good rain. Count me as very grateful for it.

20230704


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...