20230701

พิมาย / Phimai abides...

One can never visit พิมาย / Phimai too often. It's still there, and they're still doing their own thing like they have been for the last however many thousands of years. Need some rain up there, though. 

ลำจักราช / Lam Chakkarat, a tributary of แม่น้ำมูล / the Mun River that is used for the annual boat races, is lower than I've ever seen it, not that I've seen it all that many times. Still, it could do with a lot more water, especially with the boat races coming up in November. That gives us four months to get more water in there. Should be okay... สาธุ

Disclaimer: It's possible that rather than being a tributary of แม่น้ำมูล / the Mun River, ลำจักราช / Lam Chakkarat might be an irrigation outlet from แม่น้ำมูล / the Mun River to farming areas. I would have to check the direction of flow in order to know for sure. Maybe next trip...

ลำจักราช / Lam Chakkarat

ปราสาทหินพิมาย / Phimai Historical Park


Amateur archeologist Jerry saw this as an ancient Khmer monument to the rising sun, which comes up directly behind this monument. Wrong as usual, of course. But I still go there at sunrise because there is a nice lady selling early morning treats. And it's near the clock tower. I'm sure we all agree that one must always visit the clock tower in every town in Thailand.

So many of these items are good.
Maybe order some of each?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...