20230124

ปราสาทพนมวัน / Prasat Phanom Wan

On rare occasions, one actually learns something useful on the world-destroying Facebook website. In this case, I learned of Prasat Phanom Wan, which is not too far from the house. It is very well-maintained and in remarkably good condition considering that it was built in the 11th century. 

Just down the road from this ancient remnant of the Khmer Empire is a very nice restaurant with tables arranged around a small lake. For whatever reason, the people in this area seem to be exceptionally nice. If I can figure out how to safely use the flyover over the railroad tracks, I'll be going back for a closer look.
















The amateur archaeologist on site.



Wat Phanom Wan, built right next to Prasat Phanom Wan.







Yep. This is where coconuts come from.

The nice restaurant nearby.

20230121

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...