20220913

Sinchon Rotary, Yonsei University, Bongwonsa Temple, Ansan Mountain: The Truth Will Set You Free.

For six years, I played the role of an English instructor at Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute. I want to say that I hope I did no harm, but I can't. There were a few slip-ups, a few bad decisions made and later regretted. Let me say that I hope I did as little harm as possible given my shortcomings at that stage of my life.

As it turns out, that job was probably the best job I ever had. Great students, great coworkers. Great city. Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, it was six great years.

Now here I am 25 years later walking these streets, climbing these mountains, and riding these subways. I wonder if I have come across any of the children of my former students. If so, I am sure they are excellent too. There's excellence all around me here. 

Seoul, Korea. You just might be the best big city in the world. 

Had to visit the beautiful Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf to recover my power.

Thank you, Korean food, for being so healthy.




Proof of a conspiracy against me.
They closed the path to the subway station.




I did NOT drink the water from the spring.
Decades ago, I did, and the results are remembered to this day.

This was for sending smoke signals.



There's Namsan Tower.
It sees everything.







































Imagine the 300-plus-year-old tree I forgot to take a photo of...





































I would really like to have seen this...
It actually debuted in NYC in 2001.
I am just now learning of it in 2022.












Take the first left,
and that's where I saw The Driving Buddha in 199?.
He was flowing through crowds of drunk people
who didn't get angry at all.
They just politely and efficiently cleared a gap for his car.
I have never again seen anything like that anywhere.

I did.
I started the day with a piping hot lamb-filled bread.

20220913



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...