20220909

Return to Seoul

On 20220908, I returned to Seoul for the first time since January 2007, a gap of more than 15 years. There have been some changes. In the Dongdaemun area where I'm staying, it was hard to find some regular Korean food for dinner. (I finally did.) It's going to be easy to find some freshly baked Samarkand bread for breakfast.

The people? Well, the people in Gangneung were all very nice. Here in Seoul, as in LA, NYC, and other megalopolises--not so much. I need to rediscover my gnarly, big city self.

There's that Namsan Tower. Destination for tomorrow?

I remember the Ambassador Hotel. Still there.


I am supposed to be a chronicler of sunsets...

Dongdaemun Gate
I agree it would look better without all the cars.

I would be very interested in trying some Uzbek tea.
After Gangneung, I'm pretty much coffee'd out.

Seoul City Wall Museum is nearby. Probably worth a look.

The view from my window.

9.62 kg doesn't sound like much, but it feels pretty heavy on my back walking around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...