20220902

I think I'll be taking my sunsets at Wolhwaro Walking Street Bridge.

I cannot pretend to understand the science behind Gangneung sunsets, but I will describe them as spectacular. You've got one kind of clouds over the mountains to the west, another kind over the mountains to the south, and a different kind in blue skies towards the ocean (east). 

When the sunset performance is over, the people in charge light up the walking street. On the weekends, as on this Friday night, there's likely to be a free concert by the 1000-year-old plus ginkgo tree. Tonight's highlight: a group of 15 to 20 trumpet players doing a great version of 신중현과  뮤직파워's / Shin Jung-Hyeon and Music Power's 1980 masterpiece 아름다운 강산 / Beautiful Rivers and Mountains. My Korea 2022 playlist is coming together.





















The Kia Ray. I'm sorry, but I like it.
















View from the laundromat.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...