20220830

OCD Jerry I may be, but "a man has to know his limitations"

Quite a good rain here in Gangneung City, Pine Tree City, The Healing City. I managed a five-kilometer walk in the early afternoon when it was raining softly. In the hard rain of this evening, I got only as far as the 7-11 around the corner. That was enough. Nothing wrong with sitting in a downtown Gangneung motel room with the window open listening to the rain.

We all knew the rain was coming. I bought my size 280-mm EVA PVC sandals at HomePlus yesterday evening in preparation. As you can imagine, they smelled like petroleum when I opened the bag. They still smell like petroleum after a couple of walks in the rain. Maybe the petroleum is inside me now. As always happens with new sandals for all of us, I've got a big blister, this time on my right little toe. That could be a good thing. My right foot has been hurting bad, and maybe the pain will move from the bone structure to the blister. We shall see.

I will forever be unable to forget that line from the Talking Heads song Life During Wartime: "I got some groceries / some peanut butter / to last a couple of days." I think about that line all the time in Thailand, where peanut butter toast is one of the staples of my existence. Here in Korea, my peanut butter is 오징어 / dried squid. Pro tip for young travellers: Always have some dried squid in your backpack as emergency food. Don't let your stock get down to zero. Old Grizzled has spoken.







20220830










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...