20220424

Top box fitted: SHAD SH40 Cargo

As planned, I purchased and installed a SHAD SH40 Cargo top box on the toy motorcycle. 

Pros:

  • *** Storage for rain gear / set of dry clothes. Crucial during soon-to-arrive rainy season.

  • Storage for expensive helmet, emergency roadside kit, small purchases

  • Safer feeling for passenger if I ever have one (haven't yet)

  • Makes me look even more like a Grab food delivery rider (positive anonymity)
Cons:
  • Slightly harder to get on and off bike (but not significantly so)

  • Harder to lane split. Top box is high enough and wide enough that it will hit mirrors.

  • Probable negative effect on aerodynamics/performance. (Haven't rode with it on yet.)

I recognize that there is plenty of anti-top box sentiment in the motorcycling community. I am one of those who, having had a top box before, will always have a top box. Sorry about the look. It's function over form for me.

20220424


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...