20231223

Local monitor lizard population seems healthy...

At a wonderfully low high temperature of 25 degrees, we went for a bicycle ride along the double canal by the housing estate's front perimeter fence. (Dirt road is lined with canals and jungle on both sides.) First, I spotted a large monitor lizard on the dirt road. It spotted us at the same time, and ran crashing away through the woods.

A bit later, I spotted a different large monitor lizard on the dirt road ahead. It was hardly afraid of us. I was ringing my bicycle bell a lot trying to get it to run away. I guess it finally got tired of my pestering, and it slithered away into the canal.

I've been thinking about fishing that canal, but haven't yet. If and when I do, I suppose I should prepare myself for a possible encounter with Monitor Lizard, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...