20230506

No equipment retired before its time...

Never throw away a piece of equipment before its time, I always say. About a year ago, I lost the "1" and "2" keys in the upper left corner of the keyboard. No problem for the missing "1" and "2" because the Qosmio has an additional numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard. But I can guarantee you that you will need the "@" symbol all the time for typing email addresses. And the "!" exclamation mark that I overuse in triplicate all the time was a frequent issue as well.

Good soldier that I try to be, I worked around the missing keys for as long as I could stand it. Cleaning under the broken keys changed nothing. So I took it to my computer guy at Terminal 21 mall. He confirmed that the only way to fix it was to replace the keyboard. China's supply chain came through for me, at a cost of US$30 for a replacement keyboard (backlit).

My computer guy swapped the keyboard for a charge of US$3.00. For a total of US$33.00, the Toshiba Qosmio is back to normal operation. And for whatever crazy reason or non-reason, that makes me very happy indeed.






20230502



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...