20230208

Hua Thale and east along one of the canals.

There I was moping about, "It's so hot. Blah. Blah. Blah." But then I realized that a high temperature of 33 degrees with only 60% humidity was going to be as good as it gets for a while. I've always wanted to explore หัวทะเล / Hua Thale. So I did. 

I started at บึงหัวทะเล / Hua Thale Marsh, which was impressively big. Plenty of people fishing there (without shade). Then I followed a small canal all the way to Friendship Road. I hope all the residents along the canal are okay with me cutting through their neighborhoods. I mean no harm. 

I feel like they might think of me like the motorcycle rider in the in the Jonathan Glazer film Under the Skin, even though I am not like that guy at all, But how could the residents know that? It must be very strange to them to see a guy riding the canals wearing full motorcycle safety gear. The truth, if I had a way to tell them, is that I just like being out in the rice fields. I have always liked being out in the rice fields.







20230206






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...