20221211

Eating rancid walnuts: It only took me six to eight months to realize...

It turns out that eating rancid walnuts does, in fact, cause significant gastrointestinal distress. In the dry (most of the year) climate of California's Central Valley, I never imagined a rancid nut of any kind. Here in the hot, humid climate of Thailand, there is definitely a short shelf life for walnuts. From now on--after I throw away my remaining stock--I will be keeping my walnuts in the refrigerator.

The bright side of this affair, months of eating rancid walnuts, is that I now clearly recognize the smell of rancid walnuts. Safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...