20221116

I greatly miss my U.S. Veterans Day freebies.

Perhaps because I'm frugal at heart, I greatly miss my U.S. Veterans Day freebies. The one that first comes to mind is my Krispy Kreme coffee and donut. We have Krispy Kreme stores in the shopping malls here in Nakhon Ratchasima, and I did think about going in there and trying to convince them to give me a free donut and coffee.

But it would be too cruel. Mischievous though I may be, malicious I am not. Also, I fear that they would give me a free donut and coffee not because of understanding my Thai-language attempts to explain about freebies on U.S. Veterans Day, but rather because of feeling sorry for such a pathetic old bald foreigner guy. The degree to which they cut old folks some slack is truly remarkable, and it is greatly appreciated by me. I often need all of that slack--and more.

Let me take this opportunity on U.S. Veterans Day to apologize to all the good people of Nakhon Ratchasima for all the confusion I've caused over the last year in my attempts to speak Thai. It's possible that I will improve, but it could go the other way as a variety of glitches continue to occur with increasing frequency. At any rate, your kindness is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...