20221031

Phut Sa Lake

It took me three tries, but I finally found my way to บึงพุดซา  / Phut Sa Lake. This may have been a reservoir built way back in the Khmer Empire days. I came across at least one such reference online. It's certainly within the realm of possibility as there are plenty of Khmer civilization remnants in the area.

Phut Sa Lake looks like it would be difficult to fish in due to the way the bank is covered with massive vegetation as it slopes down to the water. I translated the Thai word บึง as "lake," but it might be more properly rendered as swamp/marsh/bog, which is what it appears to be more than a lake. 

บ้านพุดซา / Baan Phut Sa, the community surrounding the lake, is nice. I'm sure I'll be visiting often as it's becoming a favorite motorcycle route.

20221031


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...