20221013

All I had to do was turn around, but nooooooo...

So I'm out on a pleasure ride, the first of the season now that it's possible to be outside. I come up on a huge pool of water, and like a moron I blindly follow the cars in front of me, fording the water at a depth of at least 15 cm, up to the bottom and sides of my boots. I won't claim that the exhaust got submerged, but I'm pretty sure the bottom of it got plenty wet, as did the chain and the bottom of the engine.

I had no appointment to get to. I had no destination. All I would have had to do is simply turn around. But nope. Still a dumbass...

To Yamaha's credit, the bike still starts without issue and appears to be running normally. I had to spend a day cleaning the bike, including a total chain cleaning and lubrication. We are not in California anymore. A bike's life is hard here.

20221012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...