20220820

Mr. Fumble and Bumble

I shall call myself Mr. Fumble and Bumble because that is who I am and that is what I do. This behavior of mine can be observed in any country, but is most frequently observed in Thailand, Korea, and California. It goes way deeper than language capability and cultural/systems differences between countries. Maybe there have been too many language experiments, too much field study, too many immersions.

Feel sympathy for Mr. Fumble and Bumble if you must. He would not have it any other way. Fumbling, bumbling, and stumbling his way around, all kinds of people help him out. For this, he is very, very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...