20220830

Getting ready to flow north along the ridgeline. Or to get lost again, more likely...

Employing my pigeon-like navigation skills, I have targeted a natural topography route from Gangneung Station to the Gangneung Olympic Park. My plan is to float north up the ridgeline, following the natural contours of the land. I scoped out the first part of the journey today, limping five kilometers in the rain to and from the point where a small road parallels a mountain. This small road will be the ultimate shortcut--I hope.

I'll admit that a few things didn't quite match up when I examined the details in Google Earth. But those are just trifles, right? Surely there is no way that this will turn into yet another misadventure. At any rate, there is more time for planning. If the rain continues as it has all day and night, I won't be walking anywhere. I'll need to row a boat.


According to my calculations...






20220830


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...