20220716

From relatively sudden Covid retirement to actual retirement

You know how after a relatively sudden Covid retirement some of us kept our LinkedIn profiles showing availability for various work? It felt realistic at the time. I mean, I thought maybe I really would do some technical writing, some SharePoint, or some translation.

Well... Somebody contacted me about some SharePoint work, and I thought: "FTS. Deadlines. Confusion. Stress. Struggling to overcome technical obstacles. No thanks." And I removed it from my LinkedIn profile.

Then somebody contacted me about translation work. I looked into the pay and learned that it pays by the word, pretty much peanuts really. So I thought: "FTS. Deadlines. Strife. Trying to translate other people's poorly written first drafts. For chump change. No thanks." And I removed it from my LinkedIn profile.

I'm still listed as available for technical writing/editing jobs. We'll see what happens if someone contacts me for that. As things stand, it appears that I may, in fact, be well and truly retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...