20220221

U.S. citizens: Switch to the metric system now.

The best time for the United States to switch to the metric system would have been back in the late '70s when President Carter asked us to. The current best time to switch is now. I will help you. Your countrymen who grew up in other countries will help you.

If you are still not using the metric system in 2022, you are letting the U.SA. down. You are allowing a small percentage of people who are afraid of change to weaken our country's competitiveness. In case you don't know, there is and always has been a global competition. Assuming you want the United States to compete at a high level, I need you to join me.

From now on, use the metric system. I thank you. Your country thanks you.

Today was unusually cool in นครราชสีมา / Nakhon Ratchasima at 17 degrees in the morning, increasing to a high temperature of 22 degrees in the afternoon. What a blessing!!! It's usually been 32 or 33 degrees in the afternoon. What this cool weather means is that I was able to go for a walk for the first time since we moved here. I did 6.4 kilometers in a big loop around our housing complex. 

I would like to say it felt wonderful, but that would not be accurate. In truth, it hurt quite a bit. But it needed to be done, and done it was. With high temps of 27 to 28 degrees forecast for the next few days, there may be a morning walk around the entire moat structure of Old Town Korat in my future. 

20220221


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, drivers of Thailand.

I did not imagine that I owed the drivers of Thailand a debt of gratitude. But I do. Thank you, drivers of Thailand for teaching me to accep...